ELSEMA_Inductive Loops_ DBL9
Preformed Direct Burial Loops _ DBL9
ELSEMA_Preformed Direct Burial Loops _ DBL9
Free Delivery Australia-wide only ******
Warranty - 01 year manufacturer's warranty
Inductive loops can be very tricky to make and install. Our Saw-Cut and Direct Burial Loops are designed for easy installation. They are pre-formed with recommended loop sizes for commercial or domestic applications. Direct Burial loops are ideal for new driveways on which concrete is yet to be poured while Saw-Cut loops are ideal for existing driveways.
Repeat serivce calls on new loops installations are mostly due to detector lock-ups and false detections. Air pockets form when there isn’t enough space for sealant to fully encapsulate the wire. Because the wires are not encapsulated they are able to move slightly in the groove, this can cause false detections and detector lock up. Elsema’s inductive loops are pre-formed and when installed according to the instructions, these problems can be avoided. See our loop selection table.
Preformed Direct Burial Loops
Used for installations under concrete, asphalt, pavers, or in gravel roads. The most common installation is the loop tied directly to the rebar before concrete is poured. Wire is designed for a direct burial application.
Unlike loops wrapped through PVC, The BD Loops Direct Burial Loop does not have an air pocket resulting in fewer repeat service calls due to phantom detections caused by ground vibration.
Our BD Loops Direct Burial loops are build with Solid 16AWG to create a tough rigid product that won’t fall below the rebar pattern. Installing a BD Loops Direct Burial loop over rebar is a snap! Simply offset the loop from the rebar pattern and tie it down with the supplied cable ties.
- Offset the direct burial loop from the rebar pattern.
- Always run the lead-in through conduit and glue the joint with a proper PVC solvent cement.
- Run the lead-in in conduit underneath the rebar in a concrete pour.
- Remove any ground stakes before burying the loop in a gravel or dirt road.
- Fully encase the loop in sand when installing under pavers, or in a gravel road. (Show Encased in Sand Image)
- Residential applications recommend a 4’ short leg of the loop.
- Commercial application recommend a 6’ short leg of the loop.
More From This Category